Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Devil Swears Nada

"An idle mind is the devil's workshop"
(Pretty much defines this entire blog)

Thinking individuals- something we all strive to become. But some of us never do reach that stage. I have to admit I would probably be part of that minority. I am not suggesting that I have a constant blank in my head- far from it- I am currently thinking about the perfect pair of black shoes, the salmon I had for breakfast, the smell of coffee beans, my dog curled up on his mattress, some of my friends, the approaching sweat-filled summer, college, internship, love, hate, stupidity, you get my point...

But much like we need stuff to fill our day and make it fulfilling, we need stuff to fill our head too (marshmallows are a good substitute but we don't want to be worm food do we?). Basically, constructive thinking is what I think I lack- let's face it, thinking about those shoes is not getting me anywhere (except maybe the closest Aldo showroom)- it does not render me a better/worse person. More importantly- it's not getting me anywhere. Not that I want every single thought to bring me closer to success.. okay that would be quite super.. but that's not what I'm talking about.

Introspection is probably the word I'm looking for- it is completely meaningless to me. I have never felt the need for it, in spite of being pushed in that direction several times. But I'm starting see the importance now that I have become completely unpredictable to myself. I have self diagnosed myself with bipolar tendencies- it is actually creeping me out- bouts of wallowing in self pity immediately followed with uncalled for cheerfulness accompanied by an excess of really really bad jokes and laughing fits. And I am faking neither of these extremes- it's just who I am. And finally I come to the million dollar question: Who am I? (must not answer with Spiderman . no no no)

I've lost interest in this.But I will post it- the result of an hour at work.

7 comments:

  1. Writing this post was pretty constructive, Navni :) I have been only reading news today...since I have no other work in the office. And there are so many ideas and topics hopping around in my head for my blog, but I can't concentrate on my writing when I am in office. Ha ha! Imagine what I'd do when I'd have to write news stories :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ira- you are as messed up as I am (in office) and hence we have lost all sense of sense that nonsense now makes sense.
    But nonetheless, I am glad that you think this was constructive. Now I can go back to nothingness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. with great uselessness comes great responsibility! find out why apricots are called apricots. That's where most thinkers started. unless an apple fell. :D (hoping nobody i know sees what i've said here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.. well said Divya Dhobi. You are officially the apricot of Nada's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha.....the uslessness is more than evident...:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't lose hope Hamster :( even plastic bags are recycled nowadays... u too will find some use :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's highly... motivational
    Thanks :|

    ReplyDelete