Friday, August 26, 2011

Dear Lizards



I urged people to look beyond your obvious ugliness
Into your hearts, your soul, and nothing less
I coochie-cooed your babies
Not worrying about rabies
And never once hit you with a fly swatter
Or splashed  you off the wall with water
I felt the pain in your beady eyes
Which remained blank, unaffected by surprise
To be shunned by entire mankind, I thought
Must be like burning in hell .. hot
I never let your pukey green exterior
Make me feel superior
You were an equal, as equal as a dog
But obviously my vision was affected by fog
Ungrateful little dinosaur
I was so wrong before

You are creepy, slimy and loathed by all
And you rewarded me with a fall
Pachakk on my face
With such uncalled-for grace
Run little reptile
For you have made me vile
You just lost your last friend
Could this perhaps be your end?


13 comments:

  1. :) navnii dis is superb and very interesting , poor lizard will lose her last dearest friend isnt it , i hve read 2-3 times jst 2 admire how beautiful u hve criticized d lil creature

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sahiba: hahaha I'd hardly call it beautiful but thank you nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA, a lizard fell on poor Navneee :D .. I pity the little gross one. I like the quirkiness your blog presents.

    P.S. Likin' the fiine profile picture, my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tripathi: It actually jumped. It wanted me bad. And thank you lots 'my sister' :| :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could say much to that, but i shall just settle with a- :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kiga san u are indeed gonna be my sensei

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mj: Arigato Shiro Kun. Of course I will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny as always :D and I love lizards for I always lament the fact that I couldn't see dinosaurs and they couldn't see me :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Debojit: Thanks :) And yes, damn that meteor that killed the dinosaurs and made it possible for the human race to exist :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha ha!! You have a great sense of humour, Navni! And the scene is hilarious. I would have loved to be there when it fell on your face. Pachaak!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ira: :D Thanks I'm glad people have started appreciating my humour, it's been a struggle haha. And had you been there, it might have chosen your face to go pachakk on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ira: you overlooked the might of the 'might.' However, if I was a lizard I would jump on your ever-smiling face :)

    ReplyDelete